Thursday, December 16, 2010

Why? Do you ask?

I informed my husband I would be starting a blog. "Why in the hell would you do that??" was the response I received. Great.
Honestly, I have multiple reasons for pouring my heart, soul and airing my "dirty" laundry on the wonderful world wide web.
Mainly, I'm pretty much well-holed-up in my house with a one-year-old, 7.5 months pregnant with our second. This offers me very little time to be the social butterfly I once was... leaving the house in under 30 minutes is a freaking miracle anymore! Add the facts we are new to the area, have only one friend 45 minutes away and hubby's extended family doesn't acknowledge we live 4 blocks away into the stewing mix and you get the idea. Yes, I've tried making friends thru CafeMom to no avail. Also been to our WIC office parties, etc. The so-called "Southern Hospitality" concept sure as hell doesn't exist in Oklahoma. No offense really, I'm just accustomed to being greeted with more than a half-assed "what do you want?" when I enter a business.
So, when I need to pour my heart out, vent, bitch, and all around gather womanly support, you, my dear readers, get to hear/read/experience it. Feel loved yet?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm your first follower! You will definitely find support in the blog community I am sure. It sounds like you do need some feminine support. I am sure you will make friends before too long! I can only imagine how difficult it would be to move to a new area and have family far away. I look forward to reading more of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete